This holiday season may you be aware of the richness around you and value all that you have
This holiday season may you celebrate abundance
This holiday season may you be mindful
This holiday season may you commit to care for each other, all beings and resources around, as well as our mother earth
This holiday season may you be safe, secure, and honored for being the unique individual that you are
This holiday season may you be nourished while life nourishes you
Wishing you a most beautiful holiday season and a happy new year
From the bottom of my heart into yours
wishing you a most beautiful holiday – may you be safe, healthy and happy.
Keep on practicing, on the mat and most important these days: off the mat.
I’m deeply grateful for being able to share my thoughts here and for YOU reading them!
Love & light, Kathrin
Forget about any end of the year stress and find peace of mind during the holidays with these techniques:
- Keep on practicing. No time to take a class? No worries, practice at home. Turn your favorite music on, it might be slow and calming or fancy and rhythmic – whatever your practice asks for is right. Start with some warm up, a couple of sun salutations and just continue flowing, allow your body to guide you. If this doesn’t work for you, youtube has loads of classes!
- Don’t care about time. Got 15 min? Practice. Got 60 minutes? Practice. All that counts is to show up and move your ass.
- Meditate. Right after waking up, before sleeping or any time in between. Same here, time doesn’t matter that much, even just 5 min a day will have an impact. Too much noise around? Go out, do a walking meditation!
- Practice yoga off the mat: stay present. What ever you do, do just that. Be fully there.
- Don’t listen just to answer. When you listen, hear and understand what someone wants to share with you, it’s not about you.
- Breathe. Lengthen your breath into your belly, extend your exhales. The easiest you can do to nourish yourself, calm down and refocus.
- Be grateful for all that is now. Literally everything. All the beauty, everything that is perfect and also the rather difficult and complex things. Everything has a reason, so just embrace it!
- Stop judging. Oh yeah, particularly during stressful times we tend to be less tolerant. But finally, this doesn’t help at all. The moment you recognize you’re about to judge, take a deep breathe, let it go, smile.
- Enjoy everything you do! Accept an appreciate your decisions. No matter if you’re attending a class, baking cookies or taking a nap, enjoy it.
- Repeat and surrender to the magic!
Enjoy a wonderful christmas break, nourish your body with seasonal food and good wine. Don’t care about any rules, enjoy and have fun, your heart filled with gratitude.
While keeping your practice, maybe give yin yoga a try – this calm and deep stretching fits quite well into the season and not just your body will thank you, as it’s a great practice of letting go. Let the year go, with all it’s good stuff, with all the shit. Let it go, it’s past. Empty yourself and get ready for a fresh transition into 2017.
Take care, namasté