We are doing an Ashtanga Workshop! Friday, 21st June (international day of yoga), 18:30 – 21:00 in Winterthur @Yoga Bliss.
It will fit all levels, but expect a bit of sweating 🙂
I’m mixing languages now, as most probably the workshop will be taught in German, however if participants speak English only, this might change! Are you in? Let me know! Click here to sign up.
Einführung in Ashtanga Yoga
Ashtanga Yoga ist ein dynamischer und kraftvoller Yoga Stil, bei dem Positionen und Atem synchronisiert sind. Wir üben eine gleichbleibende Sequenz mit dem Ziel in einen meditativen Zustand zu kommen. Dabei kräftigen wir den Körper und bringen den Geist zur Ruhe.
Das machen wir:
- Ein klein wenig Theorie: Was ist Ashtanga und warum macht dieses System Sinn (ca. 20 min)
- Etwas mehr Praxis: Ashtanga Primary Series, led class (2 Std)
Der Workshop ist für dich geeignet:
- Wenn du Lust hast auf eine anstrengende Praxis
- Wenn du etwas Neues kennenlernen möchtest
- Du solltest schon ein wenig Yoga Erfahrung haben, es werden aber auch Modifikationen für einzelne Asanas angeboten
- Ein Handtuch (schwitzen gehört dazu!)
- Offenheit und Lust auf Neues
- Ein Lächeln 🙂
How did you start the new year? I’m quite fed up with the same stories every single year, be it in magazines or online: how to set goals or new years resolutions, tons of stuff how to loose weight and and and. On the other hand, I like this ending of a circle to think about what I want to focus on. Which is usually rather subtle than tangible.
I like to create a mantra, which I recite whenever I can think of it. I use this mantra as long as it’s not fully absorbed and integrated, which isn’t a matter of days or weeks, but months or even all year. Through this mantra, everything changes the moment I repeat it mentally. My feelings, my body, my thoughts, my view of the world.
Before I start practicing and before chanting the opening prayer, I connect with myself and say my mantra, silently. A beautiful moment, a great way to start the practice.
How about you yogi? With or without goals, with or without an intention or mantra, how about getting your practice to the next level? Let’s get in contact and join my classes or workshops!
TUNEin:CALM – WORKSHOP 10th NOVEMBER
Join us if you are in Zürich! Saturday afternoon, time to take 2 hours just for yourself; to feel your body, to flow and stretch, to get quite and eventually immerse into your inner world when deeply connected to your breath. You are your own medicine, get access to it.
It’s time to get quiet. It’s time to listen and slow down, soften and look within instead of around. Let’s tune in. Let’s do it together:
- Flow – greet the sun – wake your body up softly: By synchronizing breath with movement, you will bring body and mind into alignment, getting into a flow, connecting sequences, calm and steady. You will gently wake your body up, saying hello to your muscles.
- Yin Yoga – unstick the fascia – release tension: You will then ease into a yin sequence, holding postures for some minutes to reach the connective tissues and the fascia. On the way you might face some tension and this will be the moment to let go and release.
- Breathwork – connect deeply – use your breath as your medicine: Finally, you are invited to a journey, using the power of your own breath, as a way of treating your body, mind, and spirit to its most rich and healing superfood. Music will support to find your rhythm while you allow yourself to just receive.
Are you in? Let me know and secure your spot here.
To bring: Comfy (yoga-) clothes, something to keep you warm during the breathing sequence, water
Energy exchange: CHF 40.-
10th November, 16:00 – 18:00, Stadtyoga, Zürich
Play with us! It’s getting quiet, we listen, we slow down, we get soft and we look within instead of around. We tune in.
Let’s do it together.
The workshop is all about the central theme of COMPASSION and together we will meditate, practicing fascia release with Yin Yoga and finally you will experience a Chakra Healing.
8th September, 4-6pm, @Stadtyoga (Zürich)
Let me know if you are in by clicking here.
Yogis, TUNEin:CALM is opening its doors and will finally start this year!
TUNEin:CALM is about learning certain tools to turn the volume down and tune in. I’m currently planning a series of workshops, which will be run on a monthly base (Saturdays) and take place from 6 participants.
Please let me know if you’re interested — see all details here, so we can schedule this first one. Are you in? Click here to let me know.
I’m back from the island of gods – a most beautiful time to slow down, relax, release and reconnect. Finally fully back to my own practice, which was so easy and playful over there. The first days back home were made of extreme ups and downs, but that’s the chili of life isn’t it? We don’t want it being just smooth and boring 😉
Yogis, I’ve got some news for you! Please check this website, it’s full of new pictures, done by the wonderful Dee Gandhi! The photoshoot was such an awesome experience, which leaves me in pure gratitude. No make-up, no perfectionism, just the pure me.
So, what’s in for you? This summer will be a workshop summer! I worked on some ideas and think I’ve got some really nice topics for you. Will figure out the details soon, stay tuned!
Last but not least, tatatataaaaaa: I will host a yoga retreat in Bali next year! Boom! A stunning beautiful place is waiting for you and I can’t wait to work on the details. Dates and all information to come soon. I’m sooooo excited!
Photos by Dee Gandhi, www.AlokaCreative.com